This application round requires applicants to take TOEFL / TOEIC / IELTS (for applicants who received an education in English for three years at the high school level, TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS scores are not required). Guideline scores are shown below.
- TOEFL-iBT: 75 or higher
- TOEIC: 700 or higher
- IELTS: 5.5 or higher
Please note that all application forms should arrive at the university BY the closing date. Full details on how to fill in the documents can be found in the pdf instructions below.
Tsukuba Scholarship documents will be sent to applicants whose entrance exam documents have been formally accepted.
*You can include a SAT score to support your application to the University of Tsukuba. The Institutional SAT Code of the University of Tsukuba is "7264". Note: Submission of a SAT score is OPTIONAL. It is not a requirement for the application.
Enquires can be sent to the Admission Center at g30.nyusi[at]un.tsukuba.ac.jp (please replace [at] with @)
- Download the application guidelines and read carefully before preparing application documents.
- Pay the application fee by credit card or bank transfer and attach your receipt to Form 2.
Read the guideline "How to Pay the Examination Fee by Credit Card".
- Complete the online registration and print the completed entry form (Form 1). Attach your photo to the form.
- Download and have your reference letter form completed (Form 3).
- Download and fill in information about your school (Form 4).
- Download and fill in your study plan (personal statement) (Form 5). Click here for a "how to" guide
- Download and fill in your financial plan (Form 6).
- Check your documents thoroughly using the checklist (Form 7).
- Mail all required application documents to the address below.
Send documents to:
University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8577
If you have the 2015 or older application forms, please do not use them for the 2016 application. Please get the latest application forms by clicking below.
|Application Guidelines||206.94 KB|
|Form 2: Certificate of Payment for the Examination Fee||32.51 KB|
|Form 3: Reference Letter||56.5 KB|
|Form 4: Educational Institution Information for Applicant||40 KB|
|Form 5: Study Plan||20.14 KB|
|Form 6: Financial Plan||30.5 KB|
|Form 7: Checklist for Application Documents||120.33 KB|
|How to Pay the Examination Fee by Credit Card||185.54 KB|
|How to Write Your Study Plan||154.32 KB|
|How to Write Your Financial Plan||200.22 KB|