Long Term students are expected to take subjects within the five (5) groups of the Trans-Pacific Program for a minimum of twelve (12) credits. Students who complete the number of credits will receive a transcript of courses and certificate of participation.
*Students are expected to verify the possibility of credits to be consider as part of their studies in their universities or origin.
Long Term students are invited to study for periods of one semester in the University of Tsukuba.
Long term students can be**:
1. Exchange Students (Tokubetsu Chokogakusei)- students registered with minimun of 12 credits in Trans-Pacific program.
**Please, be aware that the content of the application documents vary according to the kind of student selected.
Long Term exchange students are expected to accomplish a minimum of 12 credits in five groups of subjects:
1. Common subjects
2. Japan-Latin America Mutual Understanding Subjects
3. Special/Interdisciplinary subjects
5. Cooperative Seminars
LIST OF COURSES:
For the list of subjects in English and Japanese, please, check the following link:
SPRING SEMESTER 2019:
April to September, 2019
Deadline for nominations: September 21, 2018
Deadline for applications of the Trans-Pacific Program (original documents in Japan): October 12, 2018
Application will be open from September 21, 2018. Please consult with your international exchange office in your university of origin.
FALL SEMESTER 2018:
Period of study: from October 2018 to March 2019
Deadline for nomination of students: February 23, 2018
Deadline for original documents in Japan: March 8, 2018 (Japan time 5 pm).
Application Open. Please consult your exchange office in your University of Origin.
Documents required for application***
1. Application FORM 2 - (Short Term University of Tsukuba- Student Exchange form)****
2. Application Checklist (please, find in the download link)****
3. THREE ID photos. Original photos, no copies are accepted (TWO pieces of 40mmx30mm and ONE piece of 30mmx24mm).
4. Official Transcript of Academic records. Original documents are required. Copies not accepted. English or Japanese language translation is required.
5. Letter of recommendation (sample A for international exchange students). Please, select the right letter sample.Please, write the dates of exchange as follows:
For SPRING semester: From April 1, 2018 until September 30, 2018.
For FALL semester: From October 1, 2018 until March 31, 2019.
6. Copy of valid passport
7. Motivation Letter for participating in the program (free format) indicating your research interests in the University of Tsukuba.
8. Application for Certificate of Eligibility (COE) in EXCEL format
9. Complete and send the document Information of applicants FORM 3. Please, download the format lines below.
ALL documents for application to the Trans-Pacific Program shall be send through your exchange officers in your Universities of origin. Applications sent directly to university will not be consider as part of the program.
Please, be aware that any mistake in the application form may result in the delay of the documents.
Please, download application forms below.
***Application package: Please, consult your International Exchange Office in your country of origin.
Please, be aware that sending the original documents to Japan may take few days from your country of origin. We cannot process any application that arrives after the deadline established above.
****Long Term Application Checklist, and Long Term Application Form for the Trans-Pacific Program- EQUALS to the Short Term Application Checklist from the University of Tsukuba. For the Trans-Pacific Human Capital Development Program, the Long Term Applications Checklist (2) and the Long Term Application form (1) are for students applying for more than 6 months. The reason it's because the Trans-Pacific Program offers the Short Term program (2-3 weeks and up to three months) and the Long Term for more than 6 months.
Last update: February 19, 2018 PS
Update for Spring 2018: March 5, 2018 PS