Long Term students are expected to take subjects within the five (5) groups of the Trans-Pacific Program for a minimum of twelve (12) credits. Students who complete the number of credits will receive a transcript of courses and certificate of participation.
*Students are expected to verify the possibility of credits to be consider as part of their studies in their universities or origin.
Long Term students are invited to study for periods of one semester in the University of Tsukuba.
Long term students can be**:
1. Exchange Students (Tokubetsu Chokogakusei)- students registered with minimun of 12 credits in Trans-Pacific program.
**Please, be aware that the content of the application documents vary according to the kind of student selected.
Long Term exchange students are expected to accomplish a minimum of 12 credits in five groups of subjects:
2.Japan-Latin America Mutual Understanding Subjects
3. Special/Interdisciplinary subjects
5. Cooperative Seminars
Spring Semester 2017: April to September, 2017 (Application Closed)
Fall Semester 2017: October 2017 to March 2018 (Deadline for applications April 14).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS (original documents in Japan): April 14, 2017.
Documents required for application***
1. Application Form 2 - (Short Term University of Tsukuba- Student Exchange form)****
2. Application Checklist (please, find in the download link)****
3. THREE ID photos. Original photos, no copies are accepted (TWO pieces of 40mmx30mm and ONE piece of 30mmx24mm).
4. Official Transcript of Academic records. Original documents are required. Copies not accepted. English or Japanese language translation is required.
5. Letter of recommendation (sample A for exchange students, sample B for research exchange students). Please, select the right letter sample.
6. Copy of valid passport
7. Motivation Letter for participating in the program (free format)
8. Application for Certificate of Eligibility (COE) in EXCEL format, sent by the student to the Division of Student’s Exchange (ISC)
Please, download application forms below.
***Application package: Please, consult your International Exchange Office in your country of origin.
****Long Term Application Checklist, and Long Term Application Form for the Trans-Pacific Program- EQUALS to the Short Term Application Checklist from the University of Tsukuba. For the Trans-Pacific Human Capital Development Program, the Long Term Applications Checklist (2) and the Long Term Application form (1) are for students applying for more than 6 months. The reason it's because the Trans-Pacific Program offers the Short Term program (2-3 weeks and up to three months) and the Long Term for more than 6 months.
Last update: March 21, 2017