Long Term students are expected to take subjects within the five (5) groups of the Trans-Pacific Program for a minimum of twelve (12) credits. Students who complete the number of credits will receive a transcript of courses and certificate of participation.
*Students are expected to verify the possibility of credits to be consider as part of their studies in their universities or origin.
Long Term students are invited to study for periods of one semester in the University of Tsukuba.
Long term students can be**:
1. Exchange Students (Tokubetsu Chokogakusei)- students registered with minimun of 12 credits in Trans-Pacific program.
**Please, be aware that the content of the application documents vary according to the kind of student selected.
Long Term exchange students are expected to accomplish a minimum of 12 credits in five groups of subjects:
2.Japan-Latin America Mutual Understanding Subjects
3. Special/Interdisciplinary subjects
5. Cooperative Seminars
LIST OF COURSES:
For the list of subjects in English and Japanese, please, check the following link:
SPRING SEMESTER 2018:
April to September, 2018
Deadline for applications of the Trans-Pacific Program (original documents in Japan): November 27, 2018
FALL SEMESTER 2018:
October 2018 to March 2019 (Deadline for applications: to be advice).
Documents required for application***
1. Application FORM 2 - (Short Term University of Tsukuba- Student Exchange form)****
2. Application Checklist (please, find in the download link)****
3. THREE ID photos. Original photos, no copies are accepted (TWO pieces of 40mmx30mm and ONE piece of 30mmx24mm).
4. Official Transcript of Academic records. Original documents are required. Copies not accepted. English or Japanese language translation is required.
5. Letter of recommendation (sample A for international exchange students). Please, select the right letter sample.Please, write the dates of exchange as follows: From April 1, 2018 until September 30, 2018.
6. Copy of valid passport
7. Motivation Letter for participating in the program (free format) indicating your research interests in the University of Tsukuba.
*** Please, send no. 8 and no. 9 together in the same e-mail tol: email@example.com
8. Application for Certificate of Eligibility (COE) in EXCEL format, sent by the student to the Division of Student’s Exchange (ISC)
Only EXCEL format is valid for this application.
9. Complete and send the document Information of applicants FORM 3. Please, download the format lines below.
Please, be aware that any mistake in the application form may result in the delay of the documents.
Please, download application forms below.
***Application package: Please, consult your International Exchange Office in your country of origin.
Please, be aware that sending the original documents to Japan may take few days from your country of origin. We cannot process any application that arrives after the deadline established above.
****Long Term Application Checklist, and Long Term Application Form for the Trans-Pacific Program- EQUALS to the Short Term Application Checklist from the University of Tsukuba. For the Trans-Pacific Human Capital Development Program, the Long Term Applications Checklist (2) and the Long Term Application form (1) are for students applying for more than 6 months. The reason it's because the Trans-Pacific Program offers the Short Term program (2-3 weeks and up to three months) and the Long Term for more than 6 months.
Last update: September 29, 2017.