**2022 Tsukuba-Latin America ONLINE EXCHANGE!**
Let's talk about global issues and SDGs in English!
We are looking for students to participate in the 2022 online student exchange event with partner universities in Latin America and Japan (Tsukuba)!
1. Purpose of the event
・ Deepen exchanges with students from universities in Japan (Tsukuba) and Latin America.
・ Discuss SDGs and global issues in English.
・ Make language and cultural exchange.
2. Discussion Topics
・Quality Education (SDG 4)
・Reduced Inequalities (SDG 10)
3. Participating universities
Mexico: El Colegio de México
Chile: Universidad de Chile
Peru: Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos
Colombia: Universidad de los Andes
Brazil: Universidade de São Paulo
Japan: University of Tsukuba
4. Target students
- Undergraduate or graduate students currently studying at the participating universities
- With at least an intermediate level of English enough to debate and exchange opinions
- Interested in Japan/Japanese culture or in participating in exchanges at the University of Tsukuba in the future
- With time availability to participate the four days of the event
Date: March 22nd, 23rd, 28th, 29th (4 days participation)
Peru, Colombia: 18:00～19:30
Chile, Brazil: 20:00～21:30
(JAPAN: March 23rd, 24th, 29th, 30th, 8:00 to 9:30 AM)
6. Event overview
・ Event explanation, introduction of each university
・ Cultural/language exchange
・ Group work (introduction of pre-event assignment)
・ Group discussion (debate on the causes of the chosen issues, on the situation in each country, their relationship with the SDGs, and possible solutions)
・ Group presentations
* 1 Group consists of 4-5 students, for a total of 8 groups.
7. Pre-event assignment (we will send to the participants a Word file for the assignment)
・ Read materials related to SDGs and understand the concept.
・ Select images that represent some problem mainly related to education and/or inequality that you found in your country or near to you.
・ Think and write about their relationship with the SDGs.
8. Number of applicants
About 4 students per Latin American university
9. Application method
Consult with the exchange office at your university
El Colegio de México: firstname.lastname@example.org
Universidad de Chile: email@example.com
Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú: firstname.lastname@example.org
Universidad de Los Andes: email@example.com
Universidade de São Paulo: firstname.lastname@example.org
Universidad Nacional de San Marcos: email@example.com
Last Update: December 15th, 2021 LE