Application Deadline for Academic Year 2018-2019
SPRING SEMESTER (April 2018 - August 2018) : November 24, 2017 (Hard copy of original application)
FALL SEMESTER (October 2018 - February 2019) : April 30, 2018 (Hard copy of original application)
Spring Semester (April - August)
Spring AB Modules: April - June
Spring ABC Modules: April - August
Summer Break: August - September
Fall Semester (October - February)
Fall AB Modules: October - December
Fall ABC Modules: October - February
Spring Break: February - March
Check complete details here.
- Applicants must hold full-time student status at their home universities or colleges. (In cases where student exchange agreements are in the process of being signed, letters describing the conditions under which exchange students will be accepted must be exchanged between the applicant's home university and the University of Tsukuba.)
- Applicants must be recommended by home university
- Applicants must have excellent academic records (GPA of 2.00 or higher) and strong commitment to studying in Japan.
- Applicants from countries where the official language is not English are required to submit official documents of English language proficiency. In the case of TOEFL, for example, your score must be at least 550 for the paper-and-pencil test or at least 79 for the Internet-based test (iBT).
Application Procedure (ASEAN Students)
- Apply at Home Partner Universities
- Home Partner Universities will recommend students to University of Tsukuba
- University of Tsukuba will select students from recommended applicants
- Announcement of successful applicants by University of Tsukuba
- Processing of admission requirements between Home Partner University and University of Tsukuba
- Arrival of ASEAN students to University of Tsukuba
- Waived tuition fees with partner universities
- Free university wide internet usage
- Dormitory arrangement for TAG-AIMS students
- Buddy system
- JASSO Scholarship (Applicable only for students from Cambodia (RUA), Lao P.D.R. (NUOL) and Myanmar (Pathein University).
This application should include:
- 1. Application Package Cover Sheet and Checklist (Excel)
- 2. Application for Exchange Student/Exchange Research Student at the University of Tsukuba (Form 2)
- 3. A formal letter of request for admission to President of the University of Tsukuba
Sample A (Exchange Student), Sample B (Exchange Research Student)
- 4. Official transcript of academic records
- 5. A copy of your passport (copies should include ID page and pages with Japanese immigration stamps, if any)
- 6. A certificate confirming the bank account balance that he/she intends to use to support his/her study.
A document that certifies that the applicant is a recipient of a scholarship or a student loan from their government or other institution.
- 7. Three ID photos of different sizes
- Two(2) pieces 40mm long × 30mm wide
- One(1) piece 30mm × 24mm wide
Please be sure to refer the ID examples as you click here.