Advisory Section of the Global Commons provides general counseling and consultation services for all international students in order to help them cope with issues they encounter in their academic and daily life. The section also provides support for tutors and academic advisors in matters related to international students. We deliver orientation sessions several times a year for new students and for tutors. Furthermore, we hold workshops in multicultural/cross-cultural issues in order to promote internationalization on campus and to advocate for international students.
International Student Counseling/Consultation Office
University Hall C (9P building), 2nd Floor
Tel 029-853-6240, 6766
Faculty members of the Center provide counseling/consultation services from Monday through Friday.
|Advisor||Dr. Takemori||Ms. Yamaguchi||Undecided||Ms. Funaki||Dr. Takemori|
* You can consult advisors in Japanese and English.
** Office hours are subject to change.
Office: Institute of Engineering Sciences 3F 626
Tel: 029-853-6240, 5312
Email: takemori (at) bk.tsukuba.ac.jp
Advisory Staff in Graduate Schools
You can also contact the following advisory staff in graduate schools for advice concerning problems with academic matters, including questions about how to fill the application forms for graduate school entrance examinations, classes you are planning to take, etc.
- Prof. Zhen-ya ZHANG (Faculty of Environmental Sciences)
- Prof. Jie LI (Faculty of Systems and Information Engineering)
- Prof. Yasufumi UEKITA (Faculty of Art and Design)
- Prof. Hiromi MIKI (Faculty of Health and Sport Sciences)
- Prof. Sangtae KIM (Faculty of Library Information and Media Studies)