Typhoon and Heavy Rain Conditions
Typhoon and Heavy Rain Seasons
- Rainy Season: Around June to July
Please expect and prepare for heavy and continuous rain during this period
- Typhoon Season: Around October
Please expect and prepare for many typhoons during this period
- Due to the negative effects caused by global warming, the world is experiencing abnormal weather conditions. As a result of these abnormal conditions, heavy rains and typhoons may be more common and increase in severity
Preparing for Typhoons and Heavy Rains
When receiving reports about an incoming Typhoon or large storm, please follow these steps:
- Check your home to see if there are any structural repairs or reinforcements to be made.
- Reinforce the window glasses with gummed tape or vinyl tape to try to prevent rattling and potential breakage during storms.
- Close all of your homes shutters, such as storm shutters
- Secure any flowerpots, dustbins, or any gardening objects and keep them inside the house when not in use
- Clean any drainage pipes or drainage outlets to ensure proper water flow and drainage during the storm/li>
- If your home is in a low-lying area with a flood risk, you should place electronics and other furniture items as high as you can off the floor.
What to do during a Typhoon or Heavy Rains.
If during a storm you notice your home is being flooded, please follow these steps:
- Escape to the 3rd floor, or higher if possible, of your building
- If you live in a single floor home, evacuate immediately
- Wait at a safe place until rescue arrives. DO NOT TRY to swim or ford the flooded areas, the currents could be very strong and will sweep you away