- It is vital to prepare certain emergency items in case the worst occurs and basic necessities become unavailable.
- Personal or unreplacale items
Cash, Bank Information, Passports, Personal Identification, etc.
- Emergency Food Provisions (3 Day Supply)
Canned food/ Non-perishable food, Water, Flasks for capturing rain water, can opener, reusable utensils
- Portable Radio
Ideally a hand powered type, but if not make sure to have extra batteries
Preferably 1 per person
- Emergency Medicine/ Wound treatment supplies
- Other Household Goods
Clothes, gloves, tissues, toilet paper, Rainwear, lighter, plastic bags for garbage collection.
- If you have children, make sure there is a second bag of critical supplies for your child
- Make sure you know the location of the closest evacuation shelter and route from your home, school or work
- Prevent any furniture from falling by securing it
- Particpate and learn from training drills
- Keep a list of important contacts handy
Please have a emergency kit ready that can be easily accessed in a hurry and should contain the following items:
There are multiple safety devices that be bought (very cheaply) to secure dressers, glass doors, and other large furniture from falling and causing injury
There is also a film that be rolled over glass surfaces to prevent the glass from fracturing into pieces when struck. This can be very dangerous other wise if an emergency were to strike and glass shards may impale you.
Schools, work places and neighborhoods often hold drills to teach you how to prepareand where to go in case of emergencies, Please attend these events as this information is vital during high pressure emergencies.
Disaster Prevention Section of your city or town hall, Fire Department, Police, Hospital, Hokuriku Electricity, Waterworks Bureau, Gas Company Embassy, Consulate