We are pleased to announce the annual (8th) Summer Research Program in Tsukuba from July 18 to August 1, 2017.
We are planning to invite students from Brazil, France, Indonesia, Taiwan, USA, Vietnam and other countries. Selected students will be assigned to a laboratory within the campus of the Faculty of Medicine or Faculty of Life and Environmental Sciences. The students take part in research, attend lectures, and present their research results. During the 2 weeks’ period, both international and our students will have an opportunity for cultural exchange and scientific communications.
We plan to have special lectures and social events. Cultural talks are also planned to provide the students with opportunities to learn about Japanese culture. The students are expected to work hard and play hard and get the most out of this program. I sincerely hope that the Summer Research Program becomes an unforgettable experience for all the participating students.
- Undergraduate (3rd, 4th or 5th year) or Graduate (1st and 2nd year) students
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of above 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or 75% (out of 100)
- Passport (valid till end of Feb 2018)
Application Deadline and Notification
- Deadline of Application:
May 12, 2017
The application to the program has been extended to May 16, 2017
- Notification Date: June 1, 2017
- July 17 or 18: Arrival on campus
- July 18: Orientation
- July 18 to 31: Research activities in selected laboratory
- July 22 and 23: Special lecture and excursion
- July 31: Presentation session
- August 1: Depart Tsukuba
- Program Fee: 25,000 Japanese Yen (JPY)
- Accommodation (University Dormitory): 50,000 JPY for 2 weeks during the program
- If you are student from our overseas partner University, the program fee and accommodation expense will be provided by the University of Tsukuba. For the list of partner University, please visit: https://www.tsukuba.ac.jp/en/research/partnerships/overseas-partners. to qualify, the University-level agreement under ‘Field of Exchange’ should include either: Medical Science, Life and Environmental Sciences, Life Sciences” or All.
- Limited number of travel scholarship are available to qualified candidates.
- All students are responsible for obtaining overseas travel insurance for a duration of stay in Japan
For additional information, please contract: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair of Master’s Program in Medical Sciences
Provost of Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences
Summer Research Program Organizer