In April 2015, the University of Tsukuba established the Sao Paulo Office in the campus of the University of Sao Paulo in Brazil. As part of its global strategy, the University of Tsukuba aims to foster cooperation between Japan and countries in Central and South America with Brazil as its base. In October 2016, the University of Tsukuba was awarded funding for two projects by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) under the "2015 Re-inventing Japan Project" (now called the "Inter-University Exchange Project") focused on our partner universities in Latin America, and the "Study in Japan Global Network Project - South America". The Sao Paulo Office aims to develop global leaders in the Latin America region towards a "sustainable society" as well as to enhance the University's presence in the region.
By collaborating with regional partners, the University of Tsukuba sets out to foster human capital who will contribute toward the common challenges of sustainable development and the resolution of global issues. Through joint activities with our strategic partner universities, institutions, and high schools, we endeavor to promote the exchange of excellent international students, as well as to further promote academic exchanges with educational and research institutions in the region.
Due to challenges imposed by the Coronavirus pandemic, since 2020, our activities shifted from physical to online study abroad fairs.That was a good opportunity to enhance our activities in social media, and to try different methods and approaches to keep promoting opportunies to study in Japan.
- Website Oficial Study in Japan Brasil
- Feira de Intercâmbio e Estudos no Japão - FIEJ Brasil
- Facebook Study in Japan Global Network South America
- Instagram Study in Japan Brasil
- PDF 10+ Motivos para estudar no Japão
- PDF 10+ Oportunidades e Bolsas de Estudo no Japão
- Programas para Estudantes Internacionais na Universidade de Tsukuba
- List of Japanese University Degree Programs offered in English
- PDF 15 Universities with English Degree Programs iin Japan
- 'Student Guide to Japan' provides information for those who are interested in studying in Japan.
- FAQ for studying at the University of Tsukuba
- Ohneda Osamu: Director
- Koganezawa Tadachika : Deputy Director
- Rodrigo Fernandes: University International Administrator, São Paulo, Brazil
- Carmelino Giancarlo: University International Administrator, Lima, Peru
- Yuko Yamaguchi: Office Coordinator, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- Fukasaku Asuka: Office Coordinator, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- Alvaro Kanasiro: Office Coordinator, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- Kelly Tutya: Accountant Assistant, University of Tsukuba, Japan