In April 2015, the University of Tsukuba established the Sao Paulo Office in the campus of the University of Sao Paulo in Brazil. As part of its global strategy, the University of Tsukuba aims to foster cooperation between Japan and countries in Central and South America with Brazil as its base. In October 2016, the University of Tsukuba was awarded funding for two projects by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) under the "2015 Re-inventing Japan Project" (now called the "Inter-University Exchange Project") focused on our partner universities in Latin America, and the "Study in Japan Global Network Project" with focus on Brazil. The Sao Paulo Office aims to develop global leaders in the Pacific Rim towards a "sustainable society" as well as to enhance the University's presence in the region.
By collaborating with the Japanese-Brazilian communities in Brazil and other parts of Latin America, the University of Tsukuba sets out to foster global human resource development incorporating the strengths of Japanese thinking. Through joint activities with our strategic partner universities and regional high schools, the University endeavors to secure excellent international students, as well as to further promote academic exchanges with educational and research institutions in the entire region.
The Sao Paulo Office is also on Facebook. Please join our Facebook Page for the latest updates and information.
Coordenador dos Estudos no Projeto Japão - Brasil Facebook Page
- Programas para Estudantes Estrangeiros
- List of Japanese University Degree Programs offered in English
- 'Student Guide to Japan' provides information for those who are interested in studying in Japan.
- FAQ for studying at the University of Tsukuba
- Ohneda Osamu: Director
- Koganezawa Tadachika : Deputy Director
- Fukasaku Asuka: Coordinator, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- Anzai Mitsuaki: Coordinator, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- Kanasiro Alvaro Katsuaki: Assistant Coordinator, University of Tsukuba, Japan