The University of Tsukuba introduced OSSMA by Emergency Assistance Japan (EAJ) in preparation for problems including incidents, accidents, etc. at your destination when you travel overseas for education, training, internship, research investigation, academic conference, convention, etc.。
For everyone to make the most of their lives overseas, if a problem occurs during their stay, OSSMA is a service to provide appropriate support in Japanese 24 hours a day, every day.
■Difference between insurance and assistance
- A system whereby many people contribute to pay a premium in preparation for economic insecurity caused by an accident including fire and death and funded with that, it provides a certain amount to a person involved in the accident. Life insurance, general insurance, other insurance.
- Placing maximum priority on human life, action will be taken to confine risks associated with international students at a minimal loss.
- In medical care cases, local hospitals, transport, airplanes, etc. will be appropriately appointed and secured.
»When our students apply to OSSMA, the submission of the Overseas Travel Notification (OTN) is required in advance. For students who have yet to submit the OTN, proceed to STEP1-① and for students who have already submitted, to STEP1-②.
»In the case our faculty members and employees join OSSMA, proceed to STEP1-②.
Application deadline: 2 weeks prior to travel
(For applications after the application deadline, direct inquiries to the OSSMA office).
①Those who have yet to submit the OTN
Access OTN at https://manaba.tsukuba.ac.jp/ct/course_492362_survey (login from manaba) and proceed to application procedures for OSSMA from "Application for OSSMA". (From then on, proceed in line with the procedure in ② below).
Note: Be sure to complete this along with the submission of the OTN.
②Those who have submitted the OTN
Access the following URL and proceed to the application procedures for OSSMA after entering the login code and password.
Note: To login to the OSSMA application site, the entry of the login code and password given by our university below is required.
OSSMA application site: https://www.eaj.ne.jp/ossma
Login code: tsukuba
■Procedure after login to the website for OSSMA application
Enter the travel period → Automatic fee calculation → Fee confirmation
Individual basic information entries → To the application content confirmation page → Receipt confirmation screen→ Agree and apply → Application receipt exit screen confirmation
Note: To faculty members and employees, enter the "Employee number" in the "Student ID number" column in "Individual basic information entries".
Receipt of application receipt confirmation e-mail (it may take 1 or 2 minutes to receive). The receipt number (OSSMA member ID number) is contained in the body of the e-mail.
Proceed to the payment procedures after choosing the payment method at the above website.
See the following PDF for details.
- Method of enrollment for OSSMA Service (Payment by credit card)（PDF）
- Method of enrollment for OSSMA Service (Payment at convenience store)（PDF）
【Reference】Payment of fee
|Dispatch period||Individual fee
(including domestic tax)
|1 month||¥ 3,300|
|2 month||¥ 5,500|
|3 month||¥ 11,000|
|4 month||¥ 14,850|
|5 month||¥ 18,700|
|6 month||¥ 22,000|
to 9 month
to 12 month
For individual fees, in the case where the dispatch period is more than 10 days plus the number of months of dispatch, the number of months will be rounded out.
Travel period: January 1 to February 9 (1 month fee)
Travel period: January 1 to February 10 (2 month fee)
To receive services provided by OSSMA, registration of your travel information is required in the OSSMA LOCATOR below.
■How to access
OSSMA LOCATOR: https://ossma.eaj.ne.jp/
User ID: receipt number (OSSMA member ID number)
Password: student ID number / faculty member or employee number
■Registration procedures of the travel information to OSSMA LOCATOR
Notes: Initiation of collaboration with Tabireg of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Release in May 8, 2018)
By agreeing to the registration for Tabireg on the member registration page of the OSSMA locator, your basic information and itinerary registered in the locator will be registered in Tabireg automatically.
- Membership registration in the OSSMA office allows entry (from 7 to 14 days after completion of payment procedure)
- Follow-up registration of basic information (emergency contact information in Japan, overseas travel insurance information, passport information, etc.)
- Registration of itinerary, destination information, university and accommodation information, overseas emergency contact information, etc.
- A safety confirmation e-mail will be sent to the registered e-mail address so be sure to register an accessible e-mail address on site.
■Receipt number (OSSMA Member ID number)
- In the use of the OSSMA service, the receipt number (OSSMA member ID number) issued on application is required. For the receipt number, a notice will arrive by e-mail on completion of STEP 1.
■OSSMA service guide
- After login to OSSMA LOCATOR, click "HELP" in the menu to access the service guide.
- Print the member card screen in the OSSMA service guide, enter the receipt number (OSSMA member ID number) and take it around with you on site.
■If the need arises in your travel destination, etc.
- Call the contact information in the OSSMA service guide (collect call available).
- For OSSMA members, the safety confirmation e-mail will sent on arrival time and every two weeks so be sure to answer it. In the case of a disaster, at times of crisis, etc. a corresponding safety confirmation may take place. The result of the safety confirmation will be reported to the university.
■OSSMA service use instructions
- Qualification for service use
For OSSMA, the member and his/her family are covered.
- Service period: during stay overseas
During temporary return to Japan, this service is not applicable.
- When service can't be provided: They may be a delay in implementation of crisis management and support due to force majeure including general strike, transit strike, disaster, war, civil war, terrorism, insurgence, riot, retaliation, traffic and transport restraints, explosion, and nuclear accident and it may not be asserted.
- In the case of a cancellation after the issuance of the member ID number OSSMA, promptly direct inquiries to the OSSMA office.
■Handling of personal information
- The underwriter (Emergency Assistance Japan) strives for the appropriate management, use, and preservation of personal information of OSSMA members which may come to knowledge in the course of business and will not use for any purpose other than service provision.
■For those who intend to join the Study Abroad Insurance with OSSMA Risk Management Services, check the following application process.
- Study Abroad Insurance with OSSMA Risk Management Services Guidebook (PDF)
- Insurance fee (PDF)
- Study Abroad Insurance with OSSMA Risk Management Services application form (Excel)
■In the case of groups
- In the case a group of students intends to join and register in OSSMA, each student should complete STEP 1 above. After that, in the case a representative will pay the membership fee in a lump sum, direct inquiries to the OSSMA office after writing down the receipt number of the applicants (OSSMA member ID number).
- ■OSSMA contact information
- OSSMA office of Emergency Assistance Japan Co. Ltd.
- TEL: 033811-8310
- Fax: 033811-8183
- E-mail: ossma#@#emergency.co.jp
(Remove "#" from the above e-mail address before sending mail.)
- Web site: https://emergency.co.jp/english/
- ■On-campus coordinator
- Coordinator for overseas safety and crisis management administrator, Global Commons
(Remove "#" from the above e-mail address before sending mail.)