Overseas study needs preparation for a year or more.
Additionally, the call from partner universities only comes once every year.
It is important to collect information ahead of time to avoid missing out on a great opportunity.
1. Planning and information collection
- Consult with your family
- Overseas study plan, clarification of purpose (when, where, and what to study)
- Keep studying English necessary for overseas study
2. Consult with your academic advisor and homeroom teacher → Check partner university information
- Inform your desire for student exchange
- When is it alright for student exchange?
- What happens to credits earned at the University of Tsukuba before and after student exchange?
- What is the career direction after returning to Japan?
3. Consult with the exchange coordinator
- Further details about the university
- Steps to the determination of student exchange (travel period and application period)
- Confirmation of the necessary language ability
- Check the necessary documents to be submitted
・・・When the overseas study destination is determined・・・
4. Student exchange application, application form preparation, filing
- Submission of necessary documents to exchange coordinator in charge at the desired partner university
- Selection by the exchange coordinator
- Submission of application form to the partner university
5. Enrollment approval and enrollment procedures
- Get a "letter of acceptance", "Certificate of Eligibility for Resident Status", etc. from the partner university
- Submission of necessary documents to the partner university
- Note: "Class and course registration", "application for student residence hall", etc. which vary according to the overseas study destination.
6. Travel procedures
- Airline ticket
- Foreign currency, remittance procedures
- Submission of ORRnet (to Japanese diplomatic establishments abroad)
☆ Never forget to submit the "Request to study overseas" and necessary documents to the academic service office by the prescribed date.