We are happy to answer any questions you might have about studying in Tsukuba or about the University. If your inquiry is about entry to a specific course, please first check the courses in English that we offer, and make sure to clearly identify the specific course you are interested in. Please also check the FAQ page to see if your question has been answered there.

Inquiries about Master and Ph.D. programs should be directed to the specific program, following the details on the program website.

About Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho) Scholarships

Division of Student Exchange
TEL: 029-853-6085 or 6087
FAX: 029-853-6204
Please read this FAQ page carefully before inquiry
Note: This contact information is for the candidates who have already passed the preliminary selection by the Japanese Embassy/Consulate General. For general information, please contact the nearest Japanese Embassy/Consulate General in your country.

About Research Student Admissions

Division of Student Exchange
TEL: 029-853-6085 or 6087
FAX: 029-853-6204

About Short-Term Exchange Students (including JTP Program)

Section for Study and Research Abroad

Section for Short-Term Exchange Programs
TEL: 029-853-6255 or 7479
FAX: 029-853-6257

By Mail

The address format for all sections in the University of Tsukuba is as follows:
(Please make sure to add a section name when you send documents)

(Section name)
University of Tsukuba
1-1-1, Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8577 JAPAN

By Email

Master and Ph.D. programs are handled by individual graduate schools and inquiries should be directed to the specific program team, following the contact details on the program website.  If you need a supervisor, please consult our Researcher Database and contact professors directly. 


This helps us send your message to the correct department. If you are unsure, please choose 'Other'.